The Must Attend Industry Conference Series!
WIA 2016 Conference Series
Aerospace 2016: Innovation in Aerospace
This innovative conference experience will provide members with tailored programs specifically for the aerospace community, greater opportunities for building business relationships, and programs that can easily fit into hectic schedules.
Join WIA for in-depth discussion on the latest technological innovations to drive next generation capabilities as they are being pursued by the government and industry.
- Learn how the U.S. will maintain its military and technological advantage in an era of increasingly constrained budgets.
- Gain insight into commercial practices that can be utilized in government sectors to drive next generation capabilities and competitive advantages.
- Listen to leaders from government and industry explain processes and practices both in place and in development to commercialize existing space applications in the free market.
Commercialization of Space
Currently, we are in the midst of a shift to a commercial space economy where the race for space is stronger than ever. Join the discussion to learn more about:
- How and why private companies are investing in space and disrupter technologies at a rapid pace.
- How the United States will continue to maintain its assured access to space while hearing from Angel Investors to tell us why they are investing so heavily in this new market.
This session will be an eye opening look at ways our member firms will need to continue to evolve to stay relevant, find new partners, and begin to look at opportunities for the future with a new light.
Mr. Doug Loverro – Confirmed
Deputy Assistant Secretary of Defense, U.S. Department of Defense
Dr. George Nield – Confirmed
Associate Administrator for Commercial Space Transportation, FAA/AST-1
Dr. Dava Newman – Confirmed
Deputy Administrator, NASA
Mr. Damon Wells – Invited
Director, Office of Policy & Strategy, National Reconnaissance Office
September 16, 2016
Marriott Metro Center Hotel
775 12th St NW, Washington, DC 20005
8:30 am – 9:00 am Registration
9:00 am – 10:00 am Breakfast Networking Reception
10:00 am – 12:30 pm Program
3rd Offset Strategy: The Role of Commercial Practices and Technology in Government Sectors to Drive Next Generation Capability
The first conference session took a hard look at the concept of a Third Offset Strategy and answered such question as:
- How will the U.S. and its allies leapfrog their military and technological advantages in an era of increasingly tight budgets?
- Which business models and technology areas are the most promising?
- What commercial and additional federal agency practices and technologies can be leveraged in government sectors to drive next generation capability and competitive advantage? What do we need to stop doing as part of the acquisition reform?
June 8, 2016
Marriott Mayflower Hotel
1127 Connecticut Ave NW, Washington, DC 20036
2:00 pm – 3:00 pm Registration and Networking
3:00 pm – 4:15 pm Panel Discussion
Program Moderated by Robert Minehart, House Intelligence Committee
Mr. Jim Martin
Defense Technical Executive, NRO
Ms. Jessica Lewis McFate
Director of Tradecraft and Innovation, Institute for the Study of War
Ms. Pamela Melroy
Deputy Director, Tactical Technology Office, DARPA
Mr. Tom Stroup
President, Satellite Industry Association
4:15 pm – 4:45 pm Networking Break
4:45 pm – 5:30 pm Fireside Chat
Honorable Michele Flournoy
Chief Executive Officer, Center for a New American Security
Dr. Jamie Morin
Director of Cost Assessment and Program Evaluation, U.S. Department of Defense
5:30 pm – 6:30 pm Networking Reception
Special thanks to all those who attended and made Part One of the conference series an invigorating event filled with in-depth discussion.
Registration Fee Per Session
* WIA is pleased to offer complimentary registration to members of the federal government and military. This event meets the criteria for a Widely Attended Gathering. If you have any questions about your ability to accept free registration, please contact your agency ethics advisor.
For sponsorship opportunities, please contact Annette Summers.