- A complete nomination package consists of the nomination form, a written explanation of the nominee’s qualifications relating to the award criteria, the nominee’s résumé or biography, and a letter of recommendation.
- A nominator may nominate more than one individual for an award, including the same award.
- A nominator may nominate the same individual for more than one award.
- All women who have embodied and/or furthered WIA’s mission to advance and promote the place of women in aerospace careers, and have satisfied the criteria of a given award may be nominated and considered for a WIA award.
- With the exception of the Aerospace Educator Award, individuals in any aerospace-related profession are eligible to win any award.
- All nominations must be women.
- Only individuals, and not teams, are eligible to win awards.
- An individual may only win the same award once.
- An individual may only win one award per year.
- Availability to attend the awards ceremony is not an eligibility requirement.
Judging of nominees
- A selection committee of 5 to 7 individuals from the aerospace community will evaluate each nominee using a standard evaluation methodology.
- The selection committee will place special emphasis on the nominee’s contributions to advancing the position of women in aerospace.
- Nominators should take care to make their packages comprehensive, as nominees will be evaluated strictly on the information provided by the nominator.
- The selection committee can opt to not select a winner in a given award category if it determines there are no qualifying or deserving candidates.