Noblis has a strong commitment to Diversity, Equity and Inclusion (DE&I) that permeates through the company and its subsidiaries. The organization is committed to a culture of inclusion, engagement, empowerment and authenticity where all people can reach their full potential.
Noblis has a dynamic “Champions League” of employees that have come together to align to a strategic framework that drives our mission and common purpose. This diverse team, together with our executive leadership, has created a DE&I vision statement and commitment to recognize that diverse and inclusive teams bring the best collective experience and expertise to solving our clients’ most pressing problems in an unbiased and objective way. This commitment has aligned to a strong framework that includes six task forces in the following areas: Learning & Development, Marketing Communications, Data and Research, Community Outreach, Employee Resource Groups and Recruiting & Retention with executive sponsors overseeing the task forces.
The DE&I Committee has accomplished numerous initiatives to include:
- Piloting blind submittals in hiring practices to remove any unconscious bias
- Expanded the list of schools from which we recruit to include 20 percent more Historically Black Colleges and Universities
- Veteran outreach through Hiring our Heroes and the Military Spouse Employment Program
- Established two Employee Resource Groups (ERGs) with a framework that enables additional ERGs for our future
- Published the first DE&I episode of our internal podcast, For the Best of Podcasts
- Increased our external and internal media presence to highlight DE&I moments and celebrations
- Launched nCourage x Conversations, a series designed to create a space for employees to have meaningful conversations around a variety of topics in a safe environment
- Added DE&I training in our internal learning development center
- Mission area vice presidents are including DE&I related goals in their annual goals
We are currently in the process of publishing an Inclusive Language Guide; auditing websites to ensure they’re inclusive; expanding our speaker series to include more DE&I topics; expanding learning and development opportunities; developing methods to help attract new employees and retain current staff; and evaluating current and future charitable partnerships.
At Noblis, we continuously strive for excellence, a strong employee value proposition and a workplace free from racial bias, implicit bias and discrimination. Together with our clients we seek opportunities for valued communication and outcomes to build connection. We want to foster learning and curiosity to increase understanding across differences every day.