Call for Nominations
Women in Aerospace Board of Directors and Officers
You can help expand women's opportunities for leadership in the aerospace industry by serving as a member of the WIA Board of Directors or as an Officer.
For 25 years, WIA has supported the growth of women in leadership positions throughout the aerospace industry by providing mentoring programs, professional development opportunities and issue discussion in
In the past six months, WIA has been honored to host a number of top leaders in our industry - many of whom are women - at breakfast and lunch discussion events. Leaders such as NASA Administrator Charles Bolden, Deputy NASA Administrator Lori Garver, NOAA Administrator Dr. Jane Lubchenco, and DARPA Director Regina Dugan, among others, have accepted WIA's invitation to discuss important policies and practices with our membership.
And just last month, we proudly added WIA Canada to the WIA Global Network that also includes WIA Europe.
There has never been a more exciting time to be a WIA officer or board member!
Deadline: Nominations must be received by September 1, 2010
Women and men are encouraged to apply. WIA members may recommend themselves or other qualified, dynamic leaders.
Nomination packages must include a bio and letter of interest. Be sure to include any WIA-related responsibility such as volunteer service on a committee, as a mentor, or on an event.
Send your package electronically to firstname.lastname@example.org or by mail to
WIA, 204 E Street N.E.,
If you have any questions about the nominations process or the positions, please contact our office at 202-547-0229 or email your inquiry to email@example.com.
The WIA Board of Directors invites nominations for individuals interested in serving on the WIA Board of Directors for the 2011-2013 term.
Board membership is open to all individuals who have demonstrated commitment, active service and leadership in the aerospace industry and who are dedicated to furthering the WIA mission.
Each Director is elected for a term of three years and is expected to participate in quarterly board meetings, on board task forces, and in periodic WIA events. Service can be in the Director's specific area/s of interest including educational outreach and scholarships, membership, governance and/or programming. Interested candidates should:
- Be willing and able to actively serve the Board and WIA for the full three-year term
- Hold senior/executive level leadership positions in his/her organization
- Have demonstrated an interest in the advancement of women in our industry
- Bring relevant functional experience such as association management, strategic planning, finance/P&L, other board service, etc.
- Have a connection to any part of the aerospace community, including but not limited to, public, private and non profit sectors, academia, commercial, civil, defense/intelligence
The new Board members, filling the 2011-2013 term, will be selected by the Board at the October Board Meeting.
All current WIA members are eligible and encouraged to take an active role in guiding our association and creating opportunities to advance the WIA mission.
The following officer positions will be filled in this election:
- President-Elect (two year commitment - President-Elect in 2011; President in 2012)
- Vice President for Programs (two year team)
- Vice President for Professional Development (two year term)
- Secretary (two year term)
Election by the general membership will be held in September/October.
Open Position Descriptions (86 K)